Jun 14, 2010

BlogTalkRadio and Wess Murray of Essentially Fit


This past weekend, –– Sunday, June 13, 2010 –– I had the privilege of being a guest on Wess Murray’s BlogTalkRadio Show, Essentially Fit.

Listen to internet radio with Essentially Fit on Blog Talk Radio


Wess Murray is a personal trainer and wellness coach, whose guests include fitness professionals, wellness coaches, nutritionists and other health professionals to discuss all aspects of health and wellness. On his BlogTalkRadio show, Wess will also take your questions, and you might have the opportunity for live coaching right on the show!

Wess –– "star host" on BlogTalkadio –– has interviewed many high-profile fitness gurus like JJ Virgin, Shawn Phillips, Tom Bilella, Belinda Benn, Sidney Wilson, and many more. He also highlights regular folks and their dramatic “wellness stories.”

Last January, Wess interviewed my “friends in fitness,” The Nutrition Twins! The Lakatos' approachable, common sense style has also earned them editorial success and tons of media attention. The Twins co-authored a revolutionary nutrition book, Fire Up Your Metabolism: 9 Proven Principles for Burning Fat and Losing Weight Forever. Their second book, The Secret to Skinny: How Salt Makes You Fat and the 4-Week Plan to Drop A Size & Get Healthier with Simple Low Sodium Swaps was released in September of 2009.

I have written about the Lakatos Twins many times and while we are not related, I have personally reviewed both of their books for Blogcritics Magazine [see links above] and Lyssie and Tammy were kind enough to be part of MY DIVA DIET, Expert Reviews.

Wess, with a wellness success story of his own...
"I am not your stereotypical trainer. I was not a jock growing up, and I am not a trainer /actor /model. I moved into personal training from the Internet industry (graphic design). As a designer, I spent most of my days behind a computer - sometimes up to 18 hours a day. I eventually ballooned up to over 300lbs. I was overweight and unhappy with my life." Wess goes on, "Then, one day I made the DECISION to make a change in my life. I did the research, and went through a lot of trial and error. I tried just about every attempt that you could think of to lose weight. However, with experience and a lot of research, I discovered the right way to lose that unwanted fat and build precious muscle. Since then I've developed a passion for fitness and I now help other people make changes in their lives."

...is a certified personal trainer located in New York City. He has worked in the fitness industry for over four years. His specialty is in Natural and Functional Strength training. And Wess, who "knows what it's like to fight for better health," is on a mission to help others get started on the TRUE fitness path!

I must say, Wess is looking fine as ever and he looks great in pink! Check out Wess on BlogTalkRadio, with some terrific shows as well as on his website, EssentiallyFit.com, Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks, Wess, and keep up your great body and show! Big West Coast hug! Christine

No comments: